When you are in mourning, you will need a Shiva caterer that understands the kind of meals to go with the event. Food, when shared with loved ones, can makes things much easier, which is why Chutzpah runs a catering department to deliver timely meals that the entire family will enjoy.
Nothing can replace a lost loved one and although food does not necessarily ease the pain, it keeps the conversation going as you celebrate the life of your dearly departed. Chutzpah serves easy-to-share meals depending on your preference. Being as you know your guests better, we work with you to come up with the kind of menu you would prefer.
Our catering services are best for groups of 10 and above. We recommend that you place your orders at least 48 hours to delivery time to enable us prepare the ideal feast for you and your loved ones. For Shiva, our menu has several options. The over-stuffed sandwiches are prepared in bite-sizes that are easy to handle and share while the salads, pickles, homemade coleslaw, and beef brisket are also available depending on your taste. Forget not the famous smoked fish platter and cheese platters.
The pastry section – carrot cake, authentic New York cheesecake, cookies and brownie platters as well as other mini pastries will please the sweet-toothed guests immensely. If you let us know in advance, we will incorporate other items not on the menu too because we are flexible.
Why are we Popular in Northern Virginia?
With so many restaurants in the Fairfax / Northern Virginia area, we had to be authentic to attract the ever-choosy dinner. Regular customers can’t help but keep coming back because… well, where else would they find all of the following under one roof?
• Authentic New York Food
Value for your money is what you get when you order our platters to impress your guests. From the beef brisket to smoked fish platters and jumbo sandwich platters, you will be impressed at the level of professionalism and understanding of New York dinning. We also take it upon ourselves to teach you deli etiquette. You are welcome.
• Friendly Staff
The staff at Chutzpah is not only knowledgeable of the menu and food etiquette, but also friendly and witty. We know what is expected of us and we do not disappoint – only we add our own twist. The ambience only makes the dining experience even better.
• Timely Delivery
We agree on delivery time when you place your catering order and we will be there a few minutes before that time to set up and get ready for your guests. No one event is the same as the last and so we work with you to deliver the expected touch to make the event memorable.
Flexible payment methods, extensive menus, and reasonable prices are only a few of the other reasons why people choose to order from Chutzpah. You do not have to look any further for a Shiva caterer of all you want is a caterer that works with you every step of the way.
Shiva Caterers Reviews
- Absolutely loved it! Couldn't finish the 40 oz reuben but highly recommend!Joseph M.
- Best patty melt I believe I've ever had and very friendly staff.Thomas G.
- Hands down best Ruben in area, I can't believe that I lived here almost 3 years and never been in here.Henry Z.
- This place has phenomenal food. I feel like I'm in New York City. The sweet potato fries and onion rings are some of the best I've ever had.Matt M.
- I love this place! The food is excellent and the service is great. I grew up in Queens NY and this place is an authentic NYC deli/restaurant.Florentina C.
- Nice folks, great foods and fantastic service.David B.
- It took a years but finally found a great deli in NoVa. It’s a gem of a spot and taste of home for any NYer. The best!Evan E.
- Huge servings for the cost and some of the best sandwiches I've had since leaving New York. Amazing amazing amazingMazin H.
- This has become my go-to breakfast spot after I get done with work for the night and before I have to go to court (for work-related reasons).Andrew M.
- This is one of my new favorite breakfast spots! #2 sandwich was amazing, recommended by the two friendly gentlemen up front!Graham B.
- I really appreciate that they take mask-wearing seriously to protect themselves and their staff.Frances A.
- Also, the brown mustard is spicy and on point!David H.
- Thanks for all you do, folks. For the chats and the amazing food.Christine Hyun-Kyung T.
- Very friendly staff.Dougitis
- However they do make a wonderful kinish.John C.
- This is by FAR the best authentic Jewish Deli in all of Northern VA. We love Chutzpah, and we have for over a decade.Patrick M.
- Always amazing. Best service and food you can ask for. We love this place and travel across town to go,l now that we have moved away.jason k.
- Fantastic food and attentive staff. Really enjoyed our meals. Best deli around!Mary Jo D.
- The food here is absolutely amazing! My favorite is corned beef Reuben and the onion rings.Chris G.
- I love Chutzpah! Nobody does a bagel and lox like them 🙂Katri H.
- We’ve been coming to this little gem off and of for years, and honestly, it’s worth it every time. 💯Natalie G.
- Unbelievably great food. To quote a line from Goodfellas It's like you died and went to heaven. Will be back tomorrow.Cliff L.
- My favorite deli in the NoVA area. From their house made pickles and mustard to all the cuts of meat.Absolutely delicious.Dean A.
- Outstanding. Great foodEdward H.
- Get ready for a NYC Deli. The biggest sandwiches you'll ever see. Great Quality. Great food.Daniel Q.
- Always great food that leave you fullCharles H.
- Delicious matzo ball in the chicken soup. Corned beef is fantastic. Bread was blahGregg S.
- Glad this place is around. Nice New York atmosphere. Breakfast and lunch menus are great.D C.
- Great food, cleanTiffany
- It is by far the best sandwich place in the region. No fancy sandwiches just a plain old NY style deli.Peter S.
- The “Eric” omelet was very good, and so was the service!!Stephen M.
- Great food. Reminds me of a Jewish deki in New York.Christopher L.
- Sandwiches were great.Ryan W.
- Hidden Gem! Outta this world Jewish Deli!Kerri K.
- My go to place for everything. We love picking up some bagels and lox alongside their amazing whitefish salad.Lyz Z.
- one of my favorite restaurants! not much atmosphere, but the food makes up for any décor shortcomings. their sandwiches are piled mile-high.alison w.
- Great food, fast service. Will be coming back!Lin G.
- Criminally underrated breakfast spot! It is a perfect breakfast spot, just make sure to get there early because the bialys go quick!Carlo P.
- I love this place. As a New Yorker living in Northern VA, this place makes me feel at home. We've had lunch here before Covid. It was HUGE!Kaitlin R.
- The Rubin I got was alot of food and was delicious. I didn't know they were open for dine in so I ordered to go.Matthew T.
- Like sitting in Katz’s eating latkas!!!!Plus their staff is fabulous too!Nicole B.
- Very NY (Brooklyn I believe), and that's what I love about him AND the food. I know I'll always get tasty treats here. Excuse me I mean sub.Mary Y.
- Ordered online and paid online for low contact pickup.Great overstuffed deli products.Kevin D.
- Great Deli in Virginia. Enough said. Do yourself a favor and go to Chutzpah Deli instead of some low end boar’s head prefab Deli.Chelsea T.
- I love the food here! I got the matzo ball soup and an Esther sandwich. The onion rings were great too!Cristen R.
- A hidden little gem in Fairfax. Stumbling upon it and it was open for inside dining.Wilson L.
- It’s been nearly 20 years and I’m so so glad the Chutzpah Deli blintzes recipe hasn’t changed!Casey R.
- My Jewish friend recommended this restaurant for the best bagellee s.
- great latkes and friendly staff. went last week for the first time, and can't wait to go back.Kathy G.
- A pleasant surprise! Rueben sandwich was great piled high with lean corned beef. The side of potato salad was exceptional.Thomas B.