Shiva catering by Chutzpah
Death is a sad but inevitable part of life and the last thing you want to do at this time is spend time in the kitchen. Chutzpah Deli’s Shiva catering takes the burden of feeding large numbers of guests off your hands so that you can focus on hosting.
Shiva, the 7-day Jewish mourning period, is a gathering of friends and families of the bereaved to mourn death and share meals as they celebrate the life of the dearly departed. Food has a way of bringing people together and being as it is a sad time, you may not have enough time to cook. Chutzpah caters to these events, preparing biting ideal for the occasion and delivering it in time, regardless of the number of guests.
Being as mourners could be from different parts of the world, we recommend that orders be placed before 3PM on the day prior to delivery, so the staff has enough time to prepare a great meal. We have several options to order from, including our special over-stuffed sandwiches.
Among the dishes you will love from Chutzpah are jumbo shrimp salad, Hebrew National Bologna, roast beef, salsalito spicy turkey, smoked lean pastrami, and cured corn beef. We serve them in bite sizes depending on your taste and to fit the ceremony. We have specialty sandwiches too – Bucko 46, Chutzpah cheesesteak, Bubba’s Famous, and the Luca Brasi among others. We cater to groups of 10 and above and deliver to your doorstep in the agreed time.
The pastries corner is even better and will go perfectly with Shiva, thanks to the bite-size servings that are easy to serve and share. Apple pastry, Ruglach, carrot cake, Chocolate Babka, lemon bars, Marzipan, and chocolate grahams are among the delicacies you can order from this corner.
Why Order from Chutzpah?
• Timely Deliveries
We respect your occasions and so any meal you order is going to be delivered in good time. For groups of 10 people and above, we request that you place those orders well in advance to allow us time to prepare the meal. You can either call us to place your order or do it online and we will be at your doorstep at the agreed time.
We are open seven days of the week until night to give you enough time to place your orders or walk in for a meal after work. Our friendly and witty staff will help you choose a meal if you need any help and recommend dessert options. Chutzpah has a kiddie menu too, so you can bring them along for a family dining experience.
• Flexible Payment Options
You can pay in cash, personal and corporate checks, and credits cards too. The restaurant makes special arrangements with companies so they can pay through a corporate account.
Chutzpah has friendly service, authentic New York food, delivery services that actually work, and a wide menu from which to choose. For your Shiva catering and other needs, contact the management.
Shiva Catering Reviews
- Such a tasty deli. Giant sandwiches, tasty latkes and onion rings. We particularly like their reubens. Ordering online is easy, too.Dee C.
- The sandwiches here are off the chain! If you want to visit New York while in Virginia, this is where you want to go.Mike R.
- Food was really good and it didnt take to long to order and the staff was really nice I would recommend anybody that visits Virginia to stop here the reubens are really goodkingsama p.
- Legit NYC Deli. Corned beef Reuben was on point.Joe S.
- Check take-out order before leaving store.Peter B.
- The best lox bagel in the area!Erik C.
- Yummy time! Their onion rings are solidly tasty, too, and my daughter enjoys the tuna melt sandwich.Howard F.
- Not the same sitting down there to eat, but during these pandemic times, it'll have to doJeff P.
- delicious food great and friendly serviceMelech A.
- Showed us a menu (very extensive, but easy to navigate), Eric made some delicious recommendations, we already had some ideas.The Reuben was great and onion rings hit the Mark!Jenn C.
- So much personality and great food! Super fun menu! Definitely would recommend. You notice new things each time you go.Moriah V.
- Everything you could want from borscht to bagels to bialys can be found here! There is just so much to love about this little eatery.Doctor M.
- Delicious! I got the eggs special with pancakes and a bagel. Also came with bacon and home fries. It was all very tasty.Becky G.
- ALWAYS EXCELLENT!! Worth a special trip just come here for dinner!Chris & Debbie C.
- They also have real NY bagels, so A+ for that aspect. COVID takeout has been good.Courtney C.
- Out of the bucko46, the Luca Brasi, the Koufax, and Uptown ... the Uptown and Koufax have been the greatest most awesome.Katie H.
- Mmm, corned beef and pastrami!!!Chris M.
- I have always heard good things about Chutzpah deli so when I stumbled upon it today, I had to have lunch there and it did not disappoint!Vincene C.
- Delicious reuben sandwich & the portions are big!Yuleidy T.
- can't wait to stop by againPaul M.
- My kids and really enjoyed the delicious sandwiches. We ordered take out and the sandwiches smelled so delicious on the car ride home.Bethzabet C.
- This place is wonderful!!! Service is very friendly and the food is amazing. Please visit and support them. Okay now I need a nap....Rick C.
- The food is good too. They make their chopped liver in-house, though it's sweet for my taste. We make these mistakes so you don't have to.Cathaleen M.
- Love the sandwiches, love the staff, LOVE the egg creams.Amanda M.
- This deli has it all!! The staff are lovely and knowledgeable about the items etc, the sandwiches are huge and delicious! We will be back!!S R.
- Classic NY Deli - Pastrami, Corned Beef - yum! Love the pickles and cole slaw. The onion rings are delicious!Alice R.
- Incredible food every time. Great, helpful staff. Lots of options for foodLeila M.
- This place by far has the best ruben sandwich. It was so good I ended up going back next day.Chris M.
- We enjoyed the evening a lot with the attentive service, with the excellent meal and fine drinks and with the honest price.David M.
- Love this place, can't say enough good things about it! Wish I was closer, I would go more often.Jen C.
- The corned beef Rubin sandwich probably the best I have ever had and trust me I traveled all around the world .Rajaie A.
- I love Chutzpah! So good!!Katie B.
- Had a wonderful lunch at Chutzpah. The staff there is incredibly friendly and they got us taken care of very quickly. It was delicious.Adam W.
- Chutzpah will make you the best bagels, they start my day the right way. You’ll see a line in the mornings and know why.Virginia B.
- That was absolutely delicious. I strongly suggest this deli. The soup was awesome too. This is definitely going to be my go to NY deli.Chris H.
- Virginia B.
- Absolutely loved it! Couldn't finish the 40 oz reuben but highly recommend!Joseph M.
- Best patty melt I believe I've ever had and very friendly staff.Thomas G.
- Hands down best Ruben in area, I can't believe that I lived here almost 3 years and never been in here.Henry Z.
- This place has phenomenal food. I feel like I'm in New York City. The sweet potato fries and onion rings are some of the best I've ever had.Matt M.
- I love this place! The food is excellent and the service is great. I grew up in Queens NY and this place is an authentic NYC deli/restaurant.Florentina C.
- Nice folks, great foods and fantastic service.David B.
- It took a years but finally found a great deli in NoVa. It’s a gem of a spot and taste of home for any NYer. The best!Evan E.
- Huge servings for the cost and some of the best sandwiches I've had since leaving New York. Amazing amazing amazingMazin H.
- This has become my go-to breakfast spot after I get done with work for the night and before I have to go to court (for work-related reasons).Andrew M.
- This is one of my new favorite breakfast spots! #2 sandwich was amazing, recommended by the two friendly gentlemen up front!Graham B.
- I really appreciate that they take mask-wearing seriously to protect themselves and their staff.Frances A.
- Also, the brown mustard is spicy and on point!David H.
- Thanks for all you do, folks. For the chats and the amazing food.Christine Hyun-Kyung T.
- Very friendly staff.Dougitis