Shiva catering by Chutzpah
Death is a sad but inevitable part of life and the last thing you want to do at this time is spend time in the kitchen. Chutzpah Deli’s Shiva catering takes the burden of feeding large numbers of guests off your hands so that you can focus on hosting.
Shiva, the 7-day Jewish mourning period, is a gathering of friends and families of the bereaved to mourn death and share meals as they celebrate the life of the dearly departed. Food has a way of bringing people together and being as it is a sad time, you may not have enough time to cook. Chutzpah caters to these events, preparing biting ideal for the occasion and delivering it in time, regardless of the number of guests.
Being as mourners could be from different parts of the world, we recommend that orders be placed before 3PM on the day prior to delivery, so the staff has enough time to prepare a great meal. We have several options to order from, including our special over-stuffed sandwiches.
Among the dishes you will love from Chutzpah are jumbo shrimp salad, Hebrew National Bologna, roast beef, salsalito spicy turkey, smoked lean pastrami, and cured corn beef. We serve them in bite sizes depending on your taste and to fit the ceremony. We have specialty sandwiches too – Bucko 46, Chutzpah cheesesteak, Bubba’s Famous, and the Luca Brasi among others. We cater to groups of 10 and above and deliver to your doorstep in the agreed time.
The pastries corner is even better and will go perfectly with Shiva, thanks to the bite-size servings that are easy to serve and share. Apple pastry, Ruglach, carrot cake, Chocolate Babka, lemon bars, Marzipan, and chocolate grahams are among the delicacies you can order from this corner.
Why Order from Chutzpah?
• Timely Deliveries
We respect your occasions and so any meal you order is going to be delivered in good time. For groups of 10 people and above, we request that you place those orders well in advance to allow us time to prepare the meal. You can either call us to place your order or do it online and we will be at your doorstep at the agreed time.
We are open seven days of the week until night to give you enough time to place your orders or walk in for a meal after work. Our friendly and witty staff will help you choose a meal if you need any help and recommend dessert options. Chutzpah has a kiddie menu too, so you can bring them along for a family dining experience.
• Flexible Payment Options
You can pay in cash, personal and corporate checks, and credits cards too. The restaurant makes special arrangements with companies so they can pay through a corporate account.
Chutzpah has friendly service, authentic New York food, delivery services that actually work, and a wide menu from which to choose. For your Shiva catering and other needs, contact the management.
Shiva Catering Reviews
- Absolutely loved it! Couldn't finish the 40 oz reuben but highly recommend!Joseph M.
- Best patty melt I believe I've ever had and very friendly staff.Thomas G.
- Hands down best Ruben in area, I can't believe that I lived here almost 3 years and never been in here.Henry Z.
- This place has phenomenal food. I feel like I'm in New York City. The sweet potato fries and onion rings are some of the best I've ever had.Matt M.
- I love this place! The food is excellent and the service is great. I grew up in Queens NY and this place is an authentic NYC deli/restaurant.Florentina C.
- Nice folks, great foods and fantastic service.David B.
- It took a years but finally found a great deli in NoVa. It’s a gem of a spot and taste of home for any NYer. The best!Evan E.
- Huge servings for the cost and some of the best sandwiches I've had since leaving New York. Amazing amazing amazingMazin H.
- This has become my go-to breakfast spot after I get done with work for the night and before I have to go to court (for work-related reasons).Andrew M.
- This is one of my new favorite breakfast spots! #2 sandwich was amazing, recommended by the two friendly gentlemen up front!Graham B.
- I really appreciate that they take mask-wearing seriously to protect themselves and their staff.Frances A.
- Also, the brown mustard is spicy and on point!David H.
- Thanks for all you do, folks. For the chats and the amazing food.Christine Hyun-Kyung T.
- Very friendly staff.Dougitis
- However they do make a wonderful kinish.John C.
- This is by FAR the best authentic Jewish Deli in all of Northern VA. We love Chutzpah, and we have for over a decade.Patrick M.
- Always amazing. Best service and food you can ask for. We love this place and travel across town to go,l now that we have moved away.jason k.
- Fantastic food and attentive staff. Really enjoyed our meals. Best deli around!Mary Jo D.
- The food here is absolutely amazing! My favorite is corned beef Reuben and the onion rings.Chris G.
- I love Chutzpah! Nobody does a bagel and lox like them 🙂Katri H.
- We’ve been coming to this little gem off and of for years, and honestly, it’s worth it every time. 💯Natalie G.
- Unbelievably great food. To quote a line from Goodfellas It's like you died and went to heaven. Will be back tomorrow.Cliff L.
- My favorite deli in the NoVA area. From their house made pickles and mustard to all the cuts of meat.Absolutely delicious.Dean A.
- Outstanding. Great foodEdward H.
- Get ready for a NYC Deli. The biggest sandwiches you'll ever see. Great Quality. Great food.Daniel Q.
- Always great food that leave you fullCharles H.
- Delicious matzo ball in the chicken soup. Corned beef is fantastic. Bread was blahGregg S.
- Glad this place is around. Nice New York atmosphere. Breakfast and lunch menus are great.D C.
- Great food, cleanTiffany
- It is by far the best sandwich place in the region. No fancy sandwiches just a plain old NY style deli.Peter S.
- The “Eric” omelet was very good, and so was the service!!Stephen M.
- Great food. Reminds me of a Jewish deki in New York.Christopher L.
- Sandwiches were great.Ryan W.
- Hidden Gem! Outta this world Jewish Deli!Kerri K.
- My go to place for everything. We love picking up some bagels and lox alongside their amazing whitefish salad.Lyz Z.
- one of my favorite restaurants! not much atmosphere, but the food makes up for any décor shortcomings. their sandwiches are piled mile-high.alison w.
- Great food, fast service. Will be coming back!Lin G.
- Criminally underrated breakfast spot! It is a perfect breakfast spot, just make sure to get there early because the bialys go quick!Carlo P.
- I love this place. As a New Yorker living in Northern VA, this place makes me feel at home. We've had lunch here before Covid. It was HUGE!Kaitlin R.
- The Rubin I got was alot of food and was delicious. I didn't know they were open for dine in so I ordered to go.Matthew T.
- Like sitting in Katz’s eating latkas!!!!Plus their staff is fabulous too!Nicole B.
- Very NY (Brooklyn I believe), and that's what I love about him AND the food. I know I'll always get tasty treats here. Excuse me I mean sub.Mary Y.
- Ordered online and paid online for low contact pickup.Great overstuffed deli products.Kevin D.
- Great Deli in Virginia. Enough said. Do yourself a favor and go to Chutzpah Deli instead of some low end boar’s head prefab Deli.Chelsea T.
- I love the food here! I got the matzo ball soup and an Esther sandwich. The onion rings were great too!Cristen R.
- A hidden little gem in Fairfax. Stumbling upon it and it was open for inside dining.Wilson L.
- It’s been nearly 20 years and I’m so so glad the Chutzpah Deli blintzes recipe hasn’t changed!Casey R.
- My Jewish friend recommended this restaurant for the best bagellee s.
- great latkes and friendly staff. went last week for the first time, and can't wait to go back.Kathy G.
- A pleasant surprise! Rueben sandwich was great piled high with lean corned beef. The side of potato salad was exceptional.Thomas B.